Monday, January 17, 2011

"Turner Falls" Acrylic on Canvas by Linda Bein

"Turner Falls"
Acrylic
30"x40"
Commissioned
My youngest daughter and I went camping at Turner Falls with her friend and her mom over Labor Day weekend several years ago.  The kids took photos to remember their 17th birthday, but we will never forget it!!  As soon as we reached the driveway and pulled in the garage my daughter was sick.  We went to an emergency clinic and she ended up in the hospital overnight with a gastro-intestinal virus. It was horrible, at first they thought it was a bacterial infection maybe from the water/falls. Finally the drugs stopped the sickness but by then she was extremely dehydrated.   It was difficult to work on painting that brought back those memories of watching your child be so sick and not being able to do anything.  It also makes you thankful that as sick as she was, it was just a virus and not anything worse.  The painting was for my oldest daughter who has fond memories of a trip to Turner Falls!!  She and her husband are very happy when they look at the painting but I remember my youngest daughter's pain. I am glad it is done and they are happy!

No comments:

Post a Comment